Everything you need to know about dermal fillers removal in Dubai: costs, where to get it done, and what's involved
Need to get your dermal fillers dissolved? Don't fret, here's how!
We all know that filler treatments can work very well to boost facial volume, but there are times when things do go wrong with these treatments.
The good news is that fillers can be broken down quickly and easily.
So, how do you removal dermal filers in Dubai?
According to Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre, the most popular type of dermal filler is made of hyaluronic acid and approved by the FDA (silicone is not approved for filler use). Fillers can last up to a year, and they can be dissolved in two ways.
1. Natural way to remove fillers.
The natural way is that over time, your body metabolises the hyaluronic acid since it’s a sugar and not a foreign body.
The metabolism rate differs for reasons not completely yet understood, so fillers lasting depends on the person's metabolism rate and lifestyle. As a rule, fillers stay less for people who do intensive exercise and face massages.
2. Injections to dissolve the fillers.
The most immediate way to remove fillers are through injections of hyaluronidase, which breaks down hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronidase is what the body produces naturally to break down fillers, so by injecting more, it allows the skin to regain its natural shape quicker. Through this method, fillers usually disappear within 72 hours.
The fillers can be dissolved in any face area, but fillers injections and fillers removal should be performed by certified doctors.
Are there any side effects?
The procedure to remove the fillers is similar to fillers injections: consultation with a doctor, numbing cream, and injections. Some side effects may appear as results from the needle, including pain, bruising, and swelling.
How much does it cost to removal fillers in Dubai?
The cost for filler removal injections at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre is AED 1,400 for 1 ml.
But note that only fillers based on hyaluronic acid can be reversed by Hyaluronidase, but still not all brands of fillers can be dissolved.
For permanent fillers (silicone), surgical removal is required.
Why do some patients wish to remove their fillers?
Reasons why patients may need filler removal include issues with:
- Filler Migration – When the filler moves from the area treated to another area of the face.
- Lumps or Bumps – Lumpy or irregular texture that is not responsive to massage.
- Infection – Infection can occur at the site of the injection.
- Excessive Swelling – Swelling that has not reduced after 2-3 days.
- Unwanted Results – When you are not happy with the results of your treatment.
- Vascular Occlusion – A very rare side risk of dermal filler when blood is no longer able to pass through a blood vessel within the area treated.
If you go for any of these reasons, don't hurry to schedule an appointment for fillers removal. We recommend getting in contact with your doctor and come for a follow up. Each body is individual and has a different reaction for the fillers.
You might also be interested in...
- Hair Fillers in Dubai for Strong, Healthy, and Improved Hair
- We Found a Permanent Solution to Remove White and Grey Hair in Dubai
- Broken Capillaries in Dubai: Causes and How to Treat Broken Blood Vessels
- How to Safely Remove Skin Tags in Dubai, According to Dermatologists
- What is Laser Biorevitalization and Where to Get it in Dubai
- These Medical Facials in Dubai Can Heal Your Skin From Within